Swan Hill Hire is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees, labour hire staff, contractors, subcontractors, visitors and all other persons whose health or safety could be at risk through our work. We will do this by ensuring:
- Compliance with relevant legislation, including the OHS Act and supporting regulations.
- The implementation of the OHS Management System, and the Safety Management Plans, policies, procedures and programs necessary to support and implement this policy.
Swan Hill Hire accepts responsibility for implementing and maintaining this OHS Policy and OHS Management System. It will ensure that:
- We establish measurable safety performance objectives and targets and that we review these to continuously improve OHS performance. This shall include regular workplace inspections and the prompt control of identified hazards.
- Employees are trained on all health and safety matters relevant to their work.
- Contractors are fully aware of the hazards associated with their work and implement appropriate hazard control measures.
- All managers, supervisors, employees, contractors and other persons are inducted into the requirements of the OHS Management System and are held accountable for enacting their roles and responsibilities as defined in the OHS Management System.
- Effective employee and contractor consultation on health and safety matters include the two-way communication of relevant information, toolbox meetings, reporting and feedback mechanisms.
- Adequate resources are provided to enable full implementation of this OHS Policy and OHS Management System. Where Swan Hill Hire does not have the necessary in-house knowledge or expertise to enable it to meet its work health and safety objectives, it will ensure that advice and guidance are obtained from competent work health and safety professionals.
- This OHS Policy and the OHS Management System are reviewed every year to ensure they remain relevant and appropriate to the organisation.
All company employees and contractors are required to comply with this OHS Policy and the OHS Management System at all times.
Senior managers are responsible for the implementation and dissemination of all matters dealing with the health and safety of employees and contractors under their control.
Employees must cooperate with the employer regarding OHS actions taken by the employer to maintain health and safety. In addition, employees shall take reasonable care of their own safety and not adversely affect the safety of others at the workplace.
This OHS Policy shall be posted at all sites.
Director: Stuart King